Sunday 4 February 2018

Brewing wine

What is needed:

  • 23 liter or larger fermentation bucket with lid
  • Airlock
  • BelVino wine kit
  • 4kg brewing sugar
  • Washing up liquid
  • Soft washing brush
  • Large plastic spoon
  • Sterilization fluid

The contents of the wine kit
This kit comes with dried fruit, I was surprised there was no liquid in the box whatsoever.
Dried fruit


I scrubbed the fermenter with washing up liquid and rinsed it thoroughly to ensure there was no residue. I used Milton to sterilize the fermenter and left it sitting for about 20 minutes to work it's magic.



Rinsed the fermenter once again to ensure the sterilizing fluid was gone.

Added the bag of dry fruit and 4kg of brewing sugar.

Dried fruit in the fermentation bucket


Mixed it up with 3 liters of boiling water from the kettle
1kg of brewing sugar, 4 bags are needed


I added the small sachet of enzyme and mixed it up a little further. I put it aside to cool down for 30 minutes.

I then filled the fermenter to 23 liters and added the citric acid sachet and mixed it up.

I added the wine yeast and bentonite to the top and left to sit for 15 minutes. I then mixed everything in together and sealed up the lid and added the airlock.
The mixture before putting the lid on
It says leave for 5 - 6 days to ferment, it is a little colder here so I might leave it for 10 days and check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment